cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 EOS Software...Am I missing something?

Jo060
Contributor

I just purchased a T6 (1st DSLR) last week. I was able to download the EOS utility to my phone without issue..I was under the impression that there is a EOS Utility for Mac also, but I'm unable to find it. When I went to the T6 specific software page, I can only find Firmware updates. 

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Jo060 wrote:

I just purchased a T6 (1st DSLR) last week. I was able to download the EOS utility to my phone without issue..I was under the impression that there is a EOS Utility for Mac also, but I'm unable to find it. When I went to the T6 specific software page, I can only find Firmware updates. 

Thank you.

Try this link

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-rebel-t6-ef-s-18-...

You might have to manually select OS X v10.11 if you are using mac OS v10.12

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

diverhank
Authority

You need to select the correct operating system via this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-rebel-t6-ef-s-18-...

choose drivers/download then select the appropriate operating system...Mac OS are included.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Jo060 wrote:

Thank you.

Try this link

You might have to manually select OS X v10.11 if you are using mac OS v10.12

Thank you both for the reply. I've been to that page, choose "MacOS Sierra V10.12" but "There is no recommended download (or software if I choose software option) for the OS version you selected." shows up for everything except Firmware.

@Jo060 wrote:

Thank you both for the reply. I've been to that page, choose "MacOS Sierra V10.12" but "There is no recommended download (or software if I choose software option) for the OS version you selected." shows up for everything except Firmware.

You need to manually select OS X v10.11, and download the software for that (OS X v10.11), even if you are using macOS v10.12.

I didn't notice you put that in your 1st post. Thank you so much! I'll give it a try in just a minute.

I was able to download and install the EOS Utility, but can't figure out how to connect it via Wi-fi. I have no problem connecting it to my Cellphone.

@Jo060 wrote:

I was able to download and install the EOS Utility, but can't figure out how to connect it via Wi-fi. I have no problem connecting it to my Cellphone.

Unless you're a news photographer on deadline, why would you want to bother with WiFi? In most cases the benefits don't begin to be worth the trouble. Use a card reader instead.

BTW, I was once the lead system engineer on a major WiFi project, so I'm not just playing a luddite.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Jo060
Contributor
Because it's what I want to use. It has the ability, and I want to use it. I don't see the issue.

@Jo060 wrote:
Because it's what I want to use. It has the ability, and I want to use it. I don't see the issue.

I thought that the issue was that you couldn't make the WiFi work. Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements