cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i firmware update one by one?

swordsx48
Apprentice

Hi, hope all are well! 

Aiming to update the T5i from 1.0.1 to the latest 1.1.5 but I'm getting the update error no file found. 

I noticed the 1.1.5 page said it works for versions 1.1.4.

Do I need to walk it up one by one? 

Or maybe try the EOS utility?

Thanks in advance!! 

7 REPLIES 7

Peter
Authority
Authority

You install the latest firmware. No need to install older ones.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Indeed, firmware updates are cumulative.  Get the most recent version and you'll have the functionality or fixes included with each subsequent update.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello. I also have a EOD Rebel T5i and was looking to download the 1.1.5 firware version. On my camera, I currently have firmware version 1.1.1, and my computer is running macOS Sonoma v14. The only version the Canon website is giving me for download is version 2.1.18 EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.1.18 (macOS). I downloaded the file to my SD card, hoping the camera would detect a .FIR file, but that did not work. Did Canon stop supporting the T5i? What am doing wrong? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@aurora_lvr wrote:

Hello. I also have a EOD Rebel T5i and was looking to download the 1.1.5 firware version. On my camera, I currently have firmware version 1.1.1, and my computer is running macOS Sonoma v14. The only version the Canon website is giving me for download is version 2.1.18 EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.1.18 (macOS). I downloaded the file to my SD card, hoping the camera would detect a .FIR file, but that did not work. Did Canon stop supporting the T5i? What am doing wrong? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

At the Canon Support site, even though you are on a Mac, change the OS to Windows 10. You will see the 1.1.5 firmware update. It will be a ZIP file, but your Mac will open it and allow you to extract the *.FIR file to be placed on your SD card. There is also a TXT file with install instructions.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

That worked! Thank you so much. 😊

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@swordsx48 wrote:

Hi, hope all are well! 

Aiming to update the T5i from 1.0.1 to the latest 1.1.5 but I'm getting the update error no file found. 

I noticed the 1.1.5 page said it works for versions 1.1.4.

Do I need to walk it up one by one? 

Or maybe try the EOS utility?

Thanks in advance!! 

Download the appropriate OS version of these files and follow the instructions step by step. A common problem is that the .fir file isn't placed in the root directory of the card. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

swordsx48
Apprentice

Got it solved guys! Thanks for the help!
You wouldn't believe it - there's a T3i here and a T5i. The T3i has always had a hanging lens cover. Someone must have switched them at some point. So the attempts were made on the T3i instead of the T5i.

Got it all set today! Thanks!

Man, can you imagine how stupid it would be if updates needed to be applied one by one and only could be done on the most recent version of firmware/software? I think I've seen it at some point with some software or another, but at least it was an automated process. Thank god it's generally not like that and this one was cumulative!

Peace n luv to all

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements