cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5i can't be used with OS X Yosemite? Why?

bcoon30
Apprentice

"Cannot be used with this version of the operating system" pops up when trying to connect to my macbook pro

10 REPLIES 10

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I have multiple Macs with Yosemite -- software works great.  i suspect you have outdated media and need to download the right stuff.

You want to download this:  EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.1A for Mac OS X (Fo...       

You can find that in the "Drivers and Software" section of your camera page -- located here:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t5i_18_55mm_is_stm_len...

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Links don't seem to work. I clicked on "I agree - begin download" and nothing happens.

@maxxxx2222 wrote:

Links don't seem to work. I clicked on "I agree - begin download" and nothing happens.

When you click "begin download" you should get a pop-up window prompting you to enter the serial number of your camera.  Once you enter that, the download begins.  If you aren't seeing the pop-up window, make sure you don't have pop-up windows blocked (or check to see if it isn't hiding behind another window.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've turned off pop-up blocker, enabled cookies, anything that might prevent me from downloading and restarted.

@maxxxx2222 wrote:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've turned off pop-up blocker, enabled cookies, anything that might prevent me from downloading and restarted.

Do you have any type of malware blocker, internet browser blocker, or "Privacy Protection" software,  like "Hotspot Shield", that could be blocking you???   Sometimes it can be a 3rd party Firewall causing that problem

What Pc OS do you have on your Pc???

It's not a PC. I'm running Yosemite on a MacBook Pro.

Sorry, I thought that after I sent my message.  Though I'm very Pc savvy, I know nothing about mac's never had one, or even used one.  Hope someone can help you with your issue.  Good luck.

Thanks anyway

Which web browser are you using?  I'm testing with Safari on Yosemite and it is working as intended for me.  If you open Safari Preferences and go to the Security section, make sure your have pop-ups enabled and also make sure Javascript is enabled.

If your browser has any extensions or plug-ins installed, you might check to see what you have that might be blocking you and/or disable extensions temporarily.

You could also try a different browser.  e.g. if you are not having luck with Safari, try Firefox or Chrome.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements