cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch focus modes with buttons

Uli0825
Apprentice

Is there any way I can switch from Animal AF to People AF to Spot AF by programming buttons?  I currently have C1, C2,  and C3 set for each of the focus modes, but that's kind of unwieldy. Thanks!

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Uli0825 wrote:

I'd like, with the camera up to my eye, to switch between the three focus modes by pressing back buttons with my thumb.  Is that possible?

No, just two modes, AFAIK.  You can program a button to switch modes, but I am not sure if you can set it up for more than one button at the same time.  

Go into custom control button screen, and keep your open for when you see an option to press the [INFO] button,  For example, you should see it if you go into the sub-menu to set up BBF.  Some control buttons have an extra sub-menu.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What camera?

R5 - sorry.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The newest RF mount bodies can be set to switch between two modes.  

BTW, so can many of the advanced DSLRs.  They just do not have Eye-AF.

I'd like, with the camera up to my eye, to switch between the three focus modes by pressing back buttons with my thumb.  Is that possible?

@Uli0825 wrote:

No, just two modes, AFAIK.  You can program a button to switch modes, but I am not sure if you can set it up for more than one button at the same time.  

Go into custom control button screen, and keep your open for when you see an option to press the [INFO] button,  For example, you should see it if you go into the sub-menu to set up BBF.  Some control buttons have an extra sub-menu.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There a re a number of YouTube videos with folks recommended different button configurations. Peruse them and see if any address your needs.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements