cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support/Repair for Error 80 on 70D

bduffez
Contributor

I purchased my 70D in France in 2014. I do not have the proof of purchase and the shop is unable to provide it to me.

I now reside in California and I have recently experienced Err 80. My S/N is in the range of the defect and Canon offered to cover the repair costs if I ship my camera to them, provided I give them proof of purchased.

How can I have my camera fixed? I don't have a proof of purchase and it comes from another country.
However that does not change the fact that this is a legit camera that I bought, and that Canon has a defect on these and needs to fix it.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am and have been impressed with Canon USA customer service but if they repair an 8 year old camera bought in a different country I am really going to be impressed. I hope it works out for you.

I doubt seriously you will find any other company that would.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

It won't hurt to call and try.  The 70D's PCB failure was acknowledged by Canon as a defect.  Everything is here:

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Product Advisory Detail Page

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

bduffez
Contributor

I called the Canon customer service phone number, and had the best customer service call in my life.

I explained the two issues: Err 80 + no proof of purchase (abroad). He said no problem, give me first name, last name, email address, mail address and S/N. I gave all, he said OK you're going to receive an email from Canon about the repair, and one email from Fedex/UPS to ship it back to us. We're going to need 5-7 business days to repair it, and ship it back. Any question?

WTF I wish all customer services were as good.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I wish all customer services were as good."

So do I, Canon is the model of customer support. 😊

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements