cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Im buying my first DSLR, which of the Canon Rebel series would you suggest?

Florian90
Apprentice

As the title says I'm just getting introduced into photography and I want to get nice DSLR around 6-700$. I am interested in the T3i, but I'm afraid I'm over looking a model or not considering all my options. Does anyone have any suggestions????

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

My recommendation would be to go to the Canon refurb site and look for the highest number Rebel kit that fits your budget. The Rebel T8i is the latest model. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Zachariah
Contributor

@MyAARPMedicare wrote:

As the title says I'm just getting introduced into photography and I want to get nice DSLR around 6-700$. I am interested in the T3i, but I'm afraid I'm over looking a model or not considering all my options. Does anyone have any suggestions????

If you want something small, the Canon SL1 is a great DSLR and is also super tiny. More importantly, Canon's STM kit lenses are amazing.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am with John Hoffman. But I will further it just a bit to, "Buy the Rebel T8i."  Don't get a lesser model at this point.

Personally I would avoid any of the SLx series or any Rebel that isn't a T8i. If there is one in the refurb store that's OK so try there first. The T8i with lens, retail, is about $900 so a bit over your price limit but well worth the extra bucks.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

T8i +3

Steve Thomas

Announcements