cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size Option On Website - 6D

KonaLyman
Contributor

hello - What is Size? Im looking to purchase the 6D and the web site is asking which size.

Size:2.90" x 5.70" x 4.40"  OR  Size:1.00" x 1.00" x 1.00"

Size of what? Body, SD card, viewfinder??  So, which should I get?  Pros/Cons?

Obviously I'm a newbie. Please help, thank you.
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please also be aware - the Walmart site also has a marketplace where they allow other businesses to sell products. Please be cautious and only buy from Authorized Canon Dealers, otherwise, you could get a product without a US warranty. You'll find a list of all Authorized Canon Dealers HERE. Our general rule of thumb is to only trust when it's sold and shipped by walmart.com (or Amazon.com).

View solution in original post

normadel
Authority
Authority

If you want to buy a used camera, do it from one of the major, reputable used photo dealers. UsedPhotoPro.com, MPB.com, KEH.com, B&H Photo-Video are four of them. They have knowledgeable people, they grade the equipment to describe condition, they give warranties (up to six months), etc.  I wouldn't touch Wal-Mart with a ten-foot pole to buy a used camera

hi, it's me...  just putting out another word of caution. I've seen a couple of very reputable companies sell Gray Market cameras, so please do your due diligence. Read the listing completely, and if you see a price that's lower than average, ask questions and be skeptical! 

19 REPLIES 19

forgot to mention , I'm looking at a DSLR for video. Not stills.

You'd definitely need to look over the manual of whatever you plan to purchase.  Sometimes for video, the entire sensor won't be used.  So plan accordingly.

Also, beware of rolling shutter which can be extreme on DSLRs.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

KonaLyman
Contributor

Trevor I appreciate your guidance. $1,800 is a lot for me. Ill be sure to do my homework. thanks again. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The camera listed is a 6D Mark II, the difference in price is because the lens offering.  If the images are indeed accurate.  The higher priced listing is a constant f4 L.  Walmart's put some kind of goofy measurement information on their site.  I would clarify with them what they are actually selling before I clicked and made any purchase.  

But, if you are looking for a camera to take video (primarily), and not stills, the 6D mkII is not the best choice.  Its 2k with a 30 min recording limit.  4k unlimited exists.  I owned the 6D mkII for many years.  Its wonderful for stills.  I would consider this before committing.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

KonaLyman
Contributor

ahhh ok, good to know. thanks for helping this newbie

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

The Walmart web page is a bug -- cameras do not come in sizes.  This is why I always buy camera gear from photographic retailers who understand what they're selling.

However, I think I understand what Walmart is trying to say.  The two "sizes" are different prices.  If you click on the cheaper one, and look at the picture, and look closely at the front of the lens, you can see that the included lens is the EF 24-105 f/ 3.5-5.6 STM.  If you click on the more expensive "size", you can see that the lens is the EF 24-105 f/4 L USM.  I would guess that this is a better and more expensive lens, though I can't find a price for the other one.

So it seems like they're trying to sell two different kits.  Personally, I would not buy either, because if it's not what you expect, then you have no come-back, since they're not actually telling you what it's supposed to be.

Please also be aware - the Walmart site also has a marketplace where they allow other businesses to sell products. Please be cautious and only buy from Authorized Canon Dealers, otherwise, you could get a product without a US warranty. You'll find a list of all Authorized Canon Dealers HERE. Our general rule of thumb is to only trust when it's sold and shipped by walmart.com (or Amazon.com).

On YouTube the Canon R8 was given high marks. I'm looking for a Dslr full frame mirrorless. The R8 seems to have what I want, entry level at about $1500. thank you Atticus. Through this forum and responses like yours, Im learning so much. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

If you want to buy a used camera, do it from one of the major, reputable used photo dealers. UsedPhotoPro.com, MPB.com, KEH.com, B&H Photo-Video are four of them. They have knowledgeable people, they grade the equipment to describe condition, they give warranties (up to six months), etc.  I wouldn't touch Wal-Mart with a ten-foot pole to buy a used camera

hi, it's me...  just putting out another word of caution. I've seen a couple of very reputable companies sell Gray Market cameras, so please do your due diligence. Read the listing completely, and if you see a price that's lower than average, ask questions and be skeptical! 

Announcements