cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Timer Auto Focus Setting for self Portraits 90D

pilotshashi
Contributor

I got Canon 90D, the main purpose was that I could shoot myself portraits but I noticed it's giving me a headache. I have to always come near near the DSLR to press the click button to activate the timer but then it automatically activates the focus which means I am still near to lens.

I saw some ppl recommended an app with wifi connect but that's like having phones in hand for all the shots.

Any tips on how I can snap by timer without an app connect phone?
#Canon90D #DSLR #Canon #Timer #Portraits

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There are any number of remotes (RC-4), many much more unobtrusive than a phone. You can also activate the 10 second timer to give you time to hit the shutter and get back into position before the shot. Focus is not done until the 10 seconds elapses.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

pilotshashi,

As kvbarkley says, you can use the timer. You could also turn your lens to manual focus and focus on the spot where you will be sitting ahead of time. Set your timer and run back to your chair or the place you will be standing. You could also compose your shots from the chest up, so your hands will not be in the picture and no one will know you are holding a phone. You could always stick your phone or remote in your back pocket.

Steve Thomas

click here to view the gallery
Announcements