cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for LP-E5 battery

Irshcwby
Contributor

Believe it or not, until now, I am the original owner and have never had to replace the battery in my Rebel XS.

I am having a heck of a time finding a replacement.  Does anyone know if there is a compatible replacement battery?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I searched for LP-E5 on Google and got quite a few hits. I didn't follow any links. I'm sure there are out there.  Given the cameras age, going 3rd party wouldn't be an issue for me.  Find one and go with it if keeping the camera is important to you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

As Rick said, there are plenty available. I quickly found a brand that I trust (even for my R5 & 6) on Amazon. Also, I have done lots of business with this particular seller and trust them. What I like about Wasabi is they charge in the Canon charger and they are decoded (I think that's the term?) so they display the correct amount of discharge and charge life.

Wasabi Battery for Rebel XS on AmazonWasabi Battery for Rebel XS on Amazon

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thank you.  I appreciate a referral that is trustworthy.  

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I searched for LP-E5 on Google and got quite a few hits. I didn't follow any links. I'm sure there are out there.  Given the cameras age, going 3rd party wouldn't be an issue for me.  Find one and go with it if keeping the camera is important to you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you.  I wasn’t sure which I could trust.  Some of the reviews were concerning.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

As Rick said, there are plenty available. I quickly found a brand that I trust (even for my R5 & 6) on Amazon. Also, I have done lots of business with this particular seller and trust them. What I like about Wasabi is they charge in the Canon charger and they are decoded (I think that's the term?) so they display the correct amount of discharge and charge life.

Wasabi Battery for Rebel XS on AmazonWasabi Battery for Rebel XS on Amazon

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thank you.  I appreciate a referral that is trustworthy.  

Irshcwby
Contributor

Thank you.  I don’t need a charger, just a battery.   Now, I just need to figure out how to get one shipped to New Mexico.  Apparently there are shipping restrictions on lithium batteries.  I may just need to have it shipped to someone I know out of state.

Announcements