cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote shutter control for Rebel T3

AUricle
Contributor

Hi,

I'm planning on using my T3 coupled to a 1000mm telephoto lens to capture the total solar eclipse this summer.

But I don't want to spend the precious moments of totality fiddling with my camera. In fact, I don't want to even TOUCH the camera.

I've found software that automates a series of scripted time/exposure sequences when the camera is hooked to a laptop. It says it is compatible with The whole Rebel T and Ti series.

I'm doing this so that I can take many photo's quickly and pass the data directly to the computer, instead of getting the camera bogged down writing the data to a limited storage SD card. This should free up the camera to recover from bursts faster.

I see many many cabling solutions for mating the computer and camera, but they all seem to involve Canon models that use the TC-80N3 remote switch, but none with the RS-60E3 switch cable end to connect to my T3.

So, even though the software says it works with the T3, is there some limitation on the camera itself that prevents a solution to properly cable this project?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21

Tvice
Apprentice

Can we see some of your photos?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Here is mine from a previous eclipse:

182.JPG

Announcements