cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel t3i won't turn on

ydoya
Apprentice

yestarday while taking pictures with a tripod  ( it was very windy) the camera felt down to the floor) keep working but runned out from battery . I recharged  it but now camera does not turn on .. any suggestion 

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ydoya!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

Remove the battery from your camera, then clean over the electrical contacts on the battery with a soft microfiber cloth if possible.  If the camera still does not power on, something may have happened during the fall that needs repair.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SAme problem.

Resolve by opening and closing all doors to ensure that the contacts are conntecting.

I charged my batteruy to make sure it was hot.

then reseated battery and closed door and then pushed a little.

camera came on and problem sis not repeat.

it saounds like a "contact" issue.

Canon - please make th edoors snap.

good luck

PS the T3i is great with the 18 -135 mm the 55 - 250 is ok but I am looking for a 10mm for wide angle terrain.

Canon makes a great 10-18mm wide angle zoom.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You are going to need to send it in when the above fails to fix it.  Which is most likely.  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The reported incident illustrates a point about the use of tripods: No tripod should be used in a wind strong enough to blow it over. The best tripods are stiff (to keep the camera from wobbling) but lightweight for easy carrying. But a tripod can be commendably stiff and still be blown over if it's too light. Some tripods have a hook under the head from which you can hang a bag of sand or other heavy object to make it more wind resistant. Using that feature wisely, or tying the tripod down, might spare one an expensive repair.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ydoya
Apprentice
Thanks for your suggestions. I already figured out ehat happened. Thelityle plastic thing that turns on the when you close the battery door broke with the fall... so replaced and problrm resolved. Thansk
Announcements