cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 Won't Work With Webcam Utility

TrackAssistant
Apprentice

Hi all! I was wondering if I could get some help with my camera and EOS WU.

I own a 2019 Rebel T7 and a 2013(?) MacBook Air with the latest software update.

I've been trying to livestream using OBS with my camera, but it seems that OBS doesnt register that my camera is plugged in. For example, when I add WU as a video source it'll just give me an image saying that no camera is hooked up to my computer, even though I've connected my camera to my computer using USB to USB as Canon has suggested. My camera is on and Iv'e set it to movie mode.

Any suggestions would be great!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The T7 is supported  using OBS under Catalina, High Sierra and Mojave.

"latest software update" isn't clear  Does that mean Big Sur?  

I don't see support listed for Big Sur.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have High Sierra version 10.13.6 on my MacBook which is the latest update that its offered me

Do you have the EOS Utility installed and running?

If so, please ensure its closed and not running.  Then retest.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Smith587
Apprentice

@MyCCPay wrote:

I own a 2019 Rebel T7 and a 2013(?) MacBook Air with the latest software update.

I've been trying to livestream using OBS with my camera, but it seems that OBS doesnt register that my camera is plugged in. For example, when I add WU as a video source it'll just give me an image saying that no camera is hooked up to my computer, even though I've connected my camera to my computer using USB to USB as Canon has suggested. My camera is on and Iv'e set it to movie mode.

Unfortunately that's the max res you'll get out of the EOS Webcam Utility. The camera only has a USB 2.0 port and no ability to compress video on the fly, so there's no way for it to send higher res video.

Phipps984
Apprentice

@DG Customer First wrote:

OBS is a great tool for live streaming and recording a presentation or training. It can also be used to create a virtual webcam to act as input to tools such as Jitsi, Skype and Zoom. Lots of us have good DSLR type cameras, and these can act as a webcam for input to OBS (and any other tool that can use a webcam source). This allows you to use a high quality camera for the video input, and gives you the full control that you get with a digital camera. In this video, I show you how to use pretty much any camera as a webcam for OBS without any special software or hardware adapters. All you need is a camera and a USB cable. This is achieved using the combination of gphoto2, ffmpeg, and v42loopback.

Monty1
Apprentice

@TrackAssistant wrote:

I've been trying to livestream using OBS with my camera, but it seems that OBS doesnt register jcp associate kiosk at home  that my camera is plugged in. For example, when I add WU as a video source it'll just give me an image saying that no camera is hooked up to my computer, even though I've connected my camera to my computer using USB to USB as Canon has suggested. My camera is on and Iv'e set it to movie mode.

During the COVID-19 lockdown, big brand webcams were difficult to find and the price shot up. Fortunately, Canon USA was busy creating a utility to unlock webcam-like capabilities on 25 of their EOS and PowerShot cameras. First, they released the Canon webcam Utility software for Windows 10 and then for mac users. Here’s how to get and use the utility with an Apple computer.

Announcements