cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7 - Broken Camera Confirmation (Cannot read any SD Cards, period).

ketringp
Apprentice

I recently acquired brand new, out of the box, EOS Rebel T7 (Firmware is 1.2.1) cameras for my classroom.

So far one camera has the following issue: "CARD Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format the card with camera."

Here are the fixes I've tried from past forum experiences:

• Tried to format card in broken camera. It says it cannot.
  • Formatted card in computer. Still doesn't work.
  • Successfully formatted card in another confirmed working camera, but still can't be accessed from broken camera.
  • No SD Cards tried were ever locked. (Broken camera can recognize that the SD card is locked).
  • Camera will not read any SD card from other assigned cameras that work.
  • Took a picture with the same SD Card on a working Rebel T7, confirm the picture was recorded. Reinserted in the broken camera and still get error message. (Note: it should obviously work in the broken camera if it works in other cameras, not a SD type or size issue).
  • Recognizes that the door is closed (Screen doesn't turn on if it's open anyway).
  • Turned the camera On/Off multiple times.
  • Inserted and removed the SD Card multiple times while On and Off.
  • Erased camera settings and tried all above solutions over again.
  • Tried different SD card types and sizes. Error still present.

Other Notable Issues with this Camera:

A weird thing that occurs with the camera is that it takes about 10 seconds for the camera to respond when the SD is in the port (no button click, dial scroll change, or shutter button press does anything until I wait ~10 seconds). When there is no SD Card in the camera it is immediately responsive.

By subtly shaking the camera I can hear tiny plastic piece rattling around in the camera.

Conclusion

I'm 100% sure that the camera is broken in some way internally but I'm just confirming this from someone just in case there is some way to absolutely and completely factory reset the camera besides the MENU settings way or another way I haven't found yet.

Thank you for any help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@ketringp wrote:

I recently acquired brand new, out of the box, EOS Rebel T7 (Firmware is 1.2.1) cameras for my classroom.

So far one camera has the following issue: "CARD Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format the card with camera."

• Successfully formatted card in another confirmed working camera, but still can't be accessed from broken camera.
  • No SD Cards tried were ever locked. (Broken camera can recognize that the SD card is locked).
  • Took a picture with the same SD Card on a working Rebel T7, confirm the picture was recorded. Reinserted in the broken camera and still get error message. (Note: it should obviously work in the broken camera if it works in other cameras, not a SD type or size issue).
  • Recognizes that the door is closed (Screen doesn't turn on if it's open anyway).

A weird thing that occurs with the camera is that it takes about 10 seconds for the camera to respond when the SD is in the port (no button click, dial scroll change, or shutter button press does anything until I wait ~10 seconds). When there is no SD Card in the camera it is immediately responsive.

By subtly shaking the camera I can hear tiny plastic piece rattling around in the camera.

Conclusion

I'm 100% sure that the camera is broken in some way internally but I'm just confirming this from someone just in case there is some way to absolutely and completely factory reset the camera besides the MENU settings way or another way I haven't found yet.

Thank you for any help!

If it is brand new don't waste time looking for suggestions. Return it/send it back to where you purchased it and get a new camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

normadel
Authority
Authority

Resetting the camera isn't going to fix something rattling around inside when you shake it. JRHoffman is right. Stop wasting time. Return it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@ketringp wrote:

Conclusion

Thank you for any help!

If it is brand new don't waste time looking for suggestions. Return it/send it back to where you purchased it and get a new camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

normadel
Authority
Authority

Resetting the camera isn't going to fix something rattling around inside when you shake it. JRHoffman is right. Stop wasting time. Return it.

Announcements