cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II USB-C transfer issues to iPad OS version 18 photo app

rodc
Apprentice

When trying to transfer images via USB-C from my R5II to an iPhone/iPAD on v18.0. The first few photos are highlighted in Photos import, but then the connection always drops for a brief period. It does restart the connection, but the same thing happens again. Tried a few different cables with the same issue on both an iPhone 15 Pro Max and iPad Pro M4.
I have set the correct USB setting on the camera and it does show up in the Photo App.
Very annoying bug, obviously a CF Express type B card reader works, but for just a couple of photos/videos, sometimes it is just easier to use a cable.

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rodc,

I'm sorry to hear of the spotty USB connection issue with your smart devices. You can try using the WI-FI feature of the camera to transfer the images to your devices via our Canon Camera Connect app. I have attached a link to the user's guide HERE going over that process for your reference.  

Thanks for the suggestion. 
Unfortunately most of the files I get errors, either:-

Movies recorded using [XF-AVC S YCC422 10bit] cannot be saved’

or

Photographs shot with [HDR PQ settings] enabled cannot be saved as they are. If you wish to save them, you must first convert them to JPEG using camera operations‘. 

This is why I tried to transfer over USB-C,

Very annoying to have to use specific formats to use Camera Connect, it should allow the transfer of all formats. 

I don’t understand why HEIF/XF-AVC types cannot be transferred over WiFi. 

Announcements