cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6

rhaggerty
Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm looking for an AC car inverter that will charge the batter for my T6 (LC-e10) and need to know how many watts I need. I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find how many watts the battery/charger pull. Please help me! Thanks so much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 12 - 17VA is the one you want. That is the number of watts (VA = volts * Amps = Watts)

150 W would be more than enough headroom!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

John_SD
Whiz

@rhaggerty wrote:
Hey guys! I'm looking for an AC car inverter that will charge the batter for my T6 (LC-e10) and need to know how many watts I need. I have looked EVERYWHERE and cannot find how many watts the battery/charger pull. Please help me! Thanks so much!

I also have a Rebel T6 and I simply purchased an extra battery for it from B&H. I find that the Canon batteries seem to last a long time on a single charge. They are expensive at $49.95 but I won't buy knock-offs. Have  you considered just buying a spare battery or two?

@John_SD wrote:

@rhaggerty wrote:

I also have a Rebel T6 and I simply purchased an extra battery for it from B&H. I find that the Canon batteries seem to last a long time on a single charge. They are expensive at $49.95 but I won't buy knock-offs. Have  you considered just buying a spare battery or two?

The presumption would be that the OP is going to be away from a stationary AC power source for an extended period. Carrying one or two extra batteries may not be a sufficient response to that situation.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

rhaggerty
Apprentice
Robert is correct, I will be on a 2 month road trip without access to electricity for lengths of time. Buying an extra battery, or 3, wouldn't really be the best option. Thanks!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Look on the back of the unit. Here is an example from another charger:

charge.png 

If you use 110 V this one requires (.085 * 100) or 8.5 W for 220 it is .05*240 or 12 W.

IMG_5920.JPGThank you! This one has a couple sets of specs on the back. Based on your calculation, it sounds like I can get the 150 watt inverter and be a-ok. Thanks again!

The 12 - 17VA is the one you want. That is the number of watts (VA = volts * Amps = Watts)

150 W would be more than enough headroom!

leximarie1232
Apprentice

Hello, 

So my Canon T6 connects to my computer fine to like transfer pictures in all but for remote viewing for recording and such it will not connect. I have tried many times with shutting off the wifi and turning the camera off and on but nothing seems to work. I was wondering if it is that I have the T6 and not the T6i or something else.

Thanks so much!

Lexi

@leximarie1232 wrote:

Hello, 

So my Canon T6 connects to my computer fine to like transfer pictures in all but for remote viewing for recording and such it will not connect. I have tried many times with shutting off the wifi and turning the camera off and on but nothing seems to work. I was wondering if it is that I have the T6 and not the T6i or something else.

Thanks so much!

Lexi

You really should start your own thread, instead of hijacking someone else’s thread, with a different issue, no less.

You could use the EOS Utility for remote shooting with the T6.  Make sure Live View shooting is enabled in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements