cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 wont connect

daadaa
Apprentice

Help!  I can't get my camara to connect to my computer so that I can download photos.  I have downloaded the EOS software, I have disabled the Wi-Fi/NFC and I am working on Windows 10.  I have downloaded photos in the past.  I don't know what else to do.  My computer is not even recoginzing the camara, which I have the USB connected and the camara is on.  When i open EOS Utlitiy Launcher I get the prompt of "Pairing over Wi-Fi/LAN" or close but even when enable the Wi-Wi on the camara still nothing.  Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for the past two days. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1)  Check that the USB port is working. If you have something else, such as plugging your phone charger in just to verify it works. (yup, been there, confused me as to why, but it was a bad port)

2) Check your cable. If your dog or cat, or even your two y/o like to chew things, ya, ...

3) Look inside the ends of the USB cable for any paper or something. Low probability, but it only takes a couple seconds.

4) If possible, try another cable. We have several laying around the house from older EOS cameras AND, I believe it is the Nintendo Playstation uses the same USB connectors. 

5) Try to D/L to another computer. 

6) And the first thing to try is booting your computer and camera. 

Good luck.

My main computers use Windows 8.1 and 10. I never use the Canon software, preferring Windows Photo Viewer and Paint.Net for light editing. I found the Canon software slow to load, clunky, and limited.

Turn your camera off and plug the USB into the computer and camera. Turn on your camera. Open Windows File Manager; it usually shows up as a file folder icon. On the left side is a list of libraries and a tree going to "THIS PC" or it might say "My Computer". Look for Canon EOS and click through that. I use that to d/l straight to a folder and work from the folder.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

daadaa
Apprentice

Help!  I can't get my camara to connect to my computer so that I can download photos.  I have downloaded the EOS software, I have disabled the Wi-Fi/NFC and I am working on Windows 10.  I have downloaded photos in the past.  I don't know what else to do.  My computer is not even recoginzing the camara, which I have the USB connected and the camara is on.  When i open EOS Utlitiy Launcher I get the prompt of "Pairing over Wi-Fi/LAN" or close but even when enable the Wi-Wi on the camara still nothing.  Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for the past two days. 

Will it load your pictures with a card reader?

dont i have to have an adapter for that? 

A simple and inexpensive SD to USB card reader is reliable and does not depend on your camera being recognized by the computer.  This doesn't answer your question, and I don't know why your camera isn't being recognized if wifi is disabled in the camera, but this is an easy workaround.

Many computers/monitors have one built in.

1)  Check that the USB port is working. If you have something else, such as plugging your phone charger in just to verify it works. (yup, been there, confused me as to why, but it was a bad port)

2) Check your cable. If your dog or cat, or even your two y/o like to chew things, ya, ...

3) Look inside the ends of the USB cable for any paper or something. Low probability, but it only takes a couple seconds.

4) If possible, try another cable. We have several laying around the house from older EOS cameras AND, I believe it is the Nintendo Playstation uses the same USB connectors. 

5) Try to D/L to another computer. 

6) And the first thing to try is booting your computer and camera. 

Good luck.

My main computers use Windows 8.1 and 10. I never use the Canon software, preferring Windows Photo Viewer and Paint.Net for light editing. I found the Canon software slow to load, clunky, and limited.

Turn your camera off and plug the USB into the computer and camera. Turn on your camera. Open Windows File Manager; it usually shows up as a file folder icon. On the left side is a list of libraries and a tree going to "THIS PC" or it might say "My Computer". Look for Canon EOS and click through that. I use that to d/l straight to a folder and work from the folder.

@daadaa wrote:

Start the EOS Utility 2 directly.  For some reason the EOSU Launcher defaults to wireless mode, and get stuck there.  The only way to get around it seems to be starting the EOS Utility manually the first time.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements