cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 Focal Length Display

photo_jack
Apprentice

Howdy, I’m wondering if the Rebel T6 will display the focal length anywhere on the camera? I.e., in the view finder, on the meta data of the photo on the display screen, or anywhere else. I feel like focal length is important info and should be displayed somewhere on the camera. Please let me know if you know any details about this. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This model does not display FL anywhere on/in the camera except on the scale printed on the lens.  This would only be approximate.  FL is captured in the EXIF data when you shoot in RAW.  DPP and any good PhotoEditor will display this in an image's properties.

shadowsports_0-1677384103952.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

My T6S and EF-S 18-135 lens shows the focal length if you hit the playback button, and then hit info a few times. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the info.

kvbarkley,

Thank you for this. I didn't know this was available to me. I have a T8i and you only have to one screen down, but I didn't realize it was there..

Thanks again

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

kvbarkley,

Thank you, I should have asked if he was looking for FL during image capture or after the fact.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I had a look at the T6 user manual and it seems this model does not include focal length in the “DISP Shooting Info Display” like some of the other newer cameras do. 

7DFB8072-B001-45B6-83B9-E25669A36EAE.jpeg

6B7F9967-16EA-4382-AA31-132D39D2DFBB.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Mike is correct.  None of the entry level Rebel bodies like the T5, T6, and T7 include the focal length readout.  I am a little surprised to hear advanced Rebel bodies do include it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

My SL1 and 5D Mk III don’t have focal length info but my 80D does. 

Mike Sowsun

@MikeSowsun wrote:

My SL1 and 5D Mk III don’t have focal length info but my 80D does. 

Interesting!  I can see the SL1.  I guess the 5D3 was released before this feature was included in Canon DSLRs.  I think the first bodies to have it were the 7D2 and 1Dx.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements