cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3 Lines on viewfinder and photos

Kim1
Apprentice

So, this is happening to all my photos. These lines appear in even in the viewfinder. I've tried different memory cards, but it doesnt help and I am at a loss. Has anyone ever seen this before and can this camera be saved? Help?

bad photo.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

In the both the viewfinder AND photos???  The only thing that's really in common with those two scenarios would be the lens.  Try a different lens, if you can.  Otherwise, you need to contact Canon Support, 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Unfortunately it happens with my other lens too. Its very weird.

Let us get this straight.

Do you see this in the *viewfinder* or on the *LCD screen*

Sorry - your'e right - its the LCD screen. Any ideas?

I guess bad row/column circuitry from the sensor to the rest of the electronics. Call Canon to see how much it will cost to fix.

If you really want to use this camera for a while you could try shooting at M instead of L for reduced resolution.

@kvbarkley wrote:

I guess bad row/column circuitry from the sensor to the rest of the electronics. Call Canon to see how much it will cost to fix.

The low color saturation, assuming it isn't intentional, suggests an even broader circuitry problem. Did the camera get wet or something?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

chuck1978us
Apprentice

Did you ever get the problem fixed? my T3 just started the same thing

@chuck1978us wrote:

Did you ever get the problem fixed? my T3 just started the same thing

If you see the issue in photos, then your camera needs to be repaired.  If it is only in the LCD screen, your camera may still need a costly repair.  But, if it is not affecting photos, you may or may not want to spend the money to fix it.

I suggest that you take note on where the problems appears; viewfinder, LCD, and/or photos, and call 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements