cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw files not read in Lightroom

KennyRay
Contributor

Hi folks. I recently purchased a new R6 and have gleefully been playing with it to learn it's features. This morining, when I went to import images to Lightroom, the contact sheet was blank, that is, each image had a square and image seq name, but no images. Only the few images captured as JPEG were previewed. I went back to settings and tried both RAW and cRAW formats but with the same results. The Lightroom error message says file format not supported or image corrupted. With my RP, I have had no issues and always shoot RAW. I'm flummoxed. Thoughts...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"F/8 and be there...."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

You'll need to update your Adobe software (specifically Adobe Camera RAW; ACR) in order to support newer cameras.

Currently, I have Lightroom Classic version 10.2 with ACR version 13.2

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KennyRay
Contributor

UPDATE: My previous message was for importing directly into Lightroom Classic (8.4.1; Camera Raw 11.4.1). I went back after my initial post and tried PhotoMechanic (v.6) and it worked. I'm also running R6 firmware v. 1.3.1. 

"F/8 and be there...."

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

You'll need to update your Adobe software (specifically Adobe Camera RAW; ACR) in order to support newer cameras.

Currently, I have Lightroom Classic version 10.2 with ACR version 13.2

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I also discovered I needed to first update my Mac OS so I can then update my Adobe suite. A bit of a cascade, but that seems to have fixed the RAW issue. Thanks for your tip!
"F/8 and be there...."
Announcements