cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 mkii- No Tethering in Lightroom... Why?

filmashton
Contributor

I really enjoy the R6mkii and all the features that were improved from the first R6 version. It absolutely kills me when these cameras go through firmware updates and still don't support tethered photography. Am I missing something for how to connect this camera to lightroom?

Anyone able to tether this camera?

9 REPLIES 9

stevet1
Authority
Authority

filmashton,

I went to an Adobe website dated 10/25/23 that lists cameras by brand that support tethered capture in Lightroom Classic and Lightroom 6.

The R6 was listed,  but not the R6 mkII.

Steve Thomas

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Let me say I don't really know since I never tried a R6 series but I can't imagine why it will not tether to LR. I tether a lot. If your camera connects to your computer is seems odd it will not tether to LR.

However I suspect this is a Adobe problem and not a Canon FW issue. Plus if you are on a Mac you can have this problem. Look at this Allow Accessories to Connect

Windows doesn't seem to have as many issues as Mac's do.  So that leads me back to I don't understand why it wouldn't work.

You do have the latest LR update installed?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I like you're on to something with it being an Adobe issue rather than a Canon one. I've heard that typically tethering is added as a feature in the 2nd or 3rd firmware update, so that's what I've been waiting for. Alas, it was not the solution. 

I actually shot tethered with the R6 and it worked perfectly. When I switched to the R6 mkii, the camera was no longer detected by my computer. I've updated all the things on my mac and on the camera. This leads me to believe that it's either a firmware issue or an Adobe issue. Either way, it is incredibly frustrating. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

R6 mkii and tethering with lightroom. - Page 2 - Canon Community

I know you've seen this other thread, you posted to it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... I switched to the R6 mkii, the camera was no longer detected by my computer."

If the computer doesn't see the camera neither will Lightroom.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

gabrielquintao
Apprentice

I'm also having this problem since I migrated to the R6II. Big disappointment with Adobe still not accepting a camera that isn't that new. I was forced to migrate to Capture One, which accepts it normally. But there, the ideal is to photograph without a card in the camera.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Its up to Adobe at this point.  If / when they add tethering support for the R62 in Lr.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

They just updated and now the r6ii works!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Happy days!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements