cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark ii locks up

RickLBM
Apprentice

I'm in my 4th month with my EOS R6 Mark ii, and I'm amazed with the quality of the pics. 

The problem: about two weeks ago, it started locking up on me during a shoot. Turning the camera off and on didn't work, but opening the battery compartment, sliding the battery out and back in made it work again. This has been happening more and more. LOVE the camera and really hope there's a fix for this.

Appreciate any tips!

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your camera should be under warranty.  This is merely a user forum.  I suggest that you contact Canon Support directly.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

soyseak
Contributor

Based on the information provided, it seems like the EOS R6 Mark II is experiencing a recurring issue where it locks up during a shoot and can only be fixed by removing and reinserting the battery. This could be a sign of a firmware or hardware issue.

Here are some tips you can try to fix the issue:

Update the firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your camera and install them. This can often fix bugs and improve performance.

Check the battery: Make sure the battery is fully charged and in good condition. A faulty battery can cause issues with the camera's performance.

Reset the camera: Try resetting the camera to its factory settings. This can help fix any software glitches that may be causing the issue.

Clean the battery contacts: Use a clean, dry cloth to gently clean the battery contacts on both the camera and battery. Dirty contacts can cause connectivity issues.

If none of these tips work, it may be necessary to take the camera to a professional for repair.

SOY SEAK

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Update the firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your camera and install them."

It is not just a bad idea to try an update or reinstall FW on a malfunctioning camera it is a very bad idea.

"I'm in my 4th month with my EOS R6 Mark ii, ...", this is under warranty and needs Canon service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JBart
Apprentice

I experienced this problem multiple times while shooting weddings. I found a recommendation to switch memory cards brands. I switched from Lexar to Kingston and haven't seen the issue since. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements