Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Lines on screen

Meredith
Apprentice

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’m so stressed! My canon R6 started doing this during a wedding I was shooting on Saturday. I have swapped SD cards, lenses, and batteries as well as cleans the lenses and the inside of the camera and it’s still showing up. The lines started right after I finished taking a couple flash photos during details on Saturday. I was able to use my other camera for the rest of the day but I have two weddings this weekend so I wouldn’t have time to take it in and I’d prefer not to use my mark iv as my main. The photos show up like this on the actual camera (as pictured) and in narrative (my culling software) but doesn’t show up on my hard drive when they’re raw, in Lightroom, or when I downloaded it to my phone or pic-time. So do I use it this weekend since it’s not ultimately showing up in Lightroom or in the finished product or do I not risk it. I obviously would like to find the root of it and not risk using it this weekend but I feel like I’ve researched everything and I’m at a loss for what to do next😖😣

image.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Meredith
Apprentice

I forgot to add that I just bought this camera about a year and a half ago, and I just took it in for a whole cleaning in to get the SD card slot fixed just a couple months ago🤦🏼‍♀️

I also saw something that said since it’s a mirrorless camera, that if it’s a sensor issue then the lines would show up through the viewfinder as well and there aren’t lines in the viewfinder or on my screen before I take the photo. I don’t know if that’s true but I just thought I would note that.

What kind of SD Cards are you using stay away from Micro SD Cards in an adapter. Stick with a well know brand such as Lexar, SanDisk & Prograde Digital. DO NOT use 1 large SD Card to save all of your picture. If the card fails all of your pictures are gone. If you use multiple smaller cards this will make the chances less likely to happen.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your camera appears to be in need of professional service and repair, preferably not by the party that cleaned the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements