cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 mark 2 pic in the sun with mechanical and electronic shutter, serious defect

Fiore
Contributor

I bought the R6 mark a year ago and I've always had this problem, I sent Canon for assistance and after having it for a month they replied that it's normal? How can you work in this way, during a photo shoot if I shoot where the sun is present in the frame I have to remember to switch to electronic shutter, no it's always possible, if at least there was the possibility of having the function on a quick button. You can't always shoot with an electronic shutter because the latitude becomes noticeably narrower and noise appears in the shadows. I was hoping that with a new firmware this defect would disappear.

FFC_8080-otturatore-meccanico.jpgFFC_8086-otturatore-elettronico.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Sometimes you need to shoot with the sun in the frame. Maybe I didn't explain myself well, this only happens with a mechanical shutter, if you have a Canon reflex camera, and a Mirrorless one, try taking the same photo in the sun with the same settings and look. In the example photos I included in my first post you can see it well. they are taken with an R6?mark 2, one with a mechanical shutter and the other electronic.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon says this in the manual:

Untitled.jpg

In the semiconductor world, where I work for my day job, I would say that you have exceeded the "Absolute Maximum Ratings" and Canon is under no compulsion to "fix" it.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Does an ND filter help?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements