cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mkii HF Flicker Shutter speed reverting to 1/128 after power off

PhotoBySwish
Apprentice

Via both manual and auto setting of the HF Flicker Reduction setting of ex. 1/119.9,  the shutter will reset to 1/128 every time after power cycling the camera.  I only have 1 R6 Mkii body to test, but a friend just checked and his body does not have this issue.

Any idea why it’s not retaining the shutter speed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After factory resetting my camera and testing after customizing my settings again page by page I have found the conflicting setting causing the bug!

When "Same expo. for new aperture" is set to "ISO" while using HF ant-flicker shooting mode on a decimal shutter speed, the camera will round the shutter speed on power off/on.  This is a repeatable bug that happens every time and is not working as intended, as the lens and aperture is not being swapped.

Setting "Same expo. for new aperture" to "OFF" solves the issue, but then you lose the convenience of having the camera auto adjust ISO when swapping lenses which I actually like in my R5 and R6 for speedy swaps.

I hope Canon fixes this soon!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PhotoBySwish,

I would check to see if the Safety Shift is enabled and disable that. If the issue persists, then you may want to call our phone support at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET. They are in office on Tuesdays and Thursdays and can grab the camera to test it with you, if you'd like that.

After factory resetting my camera and testing after customizing my settings again page by page I have found the conflicting setting causing the bug!

When "Same expo. for new aperture" is set to "ISO" while using HF ant-flicker shooting mode on a decimal shutter speed, the camera will round the shutter speed on power off/on.  This is a repeatable bug that happens every time and is not working as intended, as the lens and aperture is not being swapped.

Setting "Same expo. for new aperture" to "OFF" solves the issue, but then you lose the convenience of having the camera auto adjust ISO when swapping lenses which I actually like in my R5 and R6 for speedy swaps.

I hope Canon fixes this soon!

Announcements