cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Buffering Issue

RF1830
Apprentice

My R5 just started with this problem. When I take 3 consecutive shots it has to buffer for about a minute before I can take any more shots or adjust anything. Doesn't matter which lens memory card or battery. It is in servo and low speed continuous. There is no way to take more until after it completes buffering. I am also in Craw. Like I had said this just started I have gone though all my settings and can't find anything that might have changed. Any ideas that would help me out??

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
I had a similar issue with a 5DIV, and it was suggested that I had inadvertently changed some setting on the camera.  I tried a factory reset and that resolved the issue.  Is this something you have considered doing?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

RF1830
Apprentice

I just did a third factory reset and it seems to have fixed that problem. If you do a factory reset shouldn't ir clear all of your settings. I had back button focus set up and it didn't change any of those settings.  But, thanks for the reply I had done the reset previously and that's when the buffering problem cropped up. so after reading the manual and going over my settings I thought I might as well try again.  The third time seems to have fixed that problem..

Ron

In the manual's section on resetting the camera, it should outline what, if any settings, would not be cleared.

For example, when setting up custom functions, those often require one to reset them explicitly; separate from what is done with a general reset.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

If you find that has resolved the issue, can you please mark whatever answer(s) have resolved this a Accepted Solutions, so that others can look for them if they have a similar issue instead of starting new threads.  Otherwise,  you will continue to get responses on-going from folks trying to solve the issue!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Forum.  Congratulations on correcting your issue.  I have an idea as to what the issue could have been.

When you reset the R5 you should have seen this “Reset Camera” menu screen.  

F9BC89B7-FDDF-4789-8E6E-2DCAA19CA1C3.jpeg

Choosing the “Basic Settings” options is equivalent to the typical Factory Reset found in DSLRs.  The DSLR reset did not reset the entire camera, just the Basic Settings mostly related to exposure.  Invoking this function would [npt] reset Custom Controls and many other settings.

To completely reset the camera required going through all the menus and resetting every menu option that would display its own sub-menu of selections and options.  These would have their own reset option, which the general reset would not invoke.  There were probably a half dozen locations in th menu system that had their own resets.

Canon has made it easier to fully reset a camera.  They have gathered all the “Other Settings” into a single menu, which includes Custom Controls.  You should see a list of menu functions with a checkbox next to each one, so that you can choose and select some or all of these other settings.

If I had to venture a guess at what could have been causing your issue, then I would check the Noise Reduction and Image/Lens Correction settings.  It is also possible that you could have Focus Bracketing or HDR Bracketing enabled, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements