cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 is stuck at the pairing connection screen for LAN setup

fjcanon
Contributor

Anyone in Rx land is eperiencing the following error when trying to connect the camera with the EOS Utility launcher software version: EU-Installset-W3.16.0.7

Error message:  EOS-xxxxx pairing (connection) with the computer in progress. Start EOS Utility on the computer.

Windows 10

My was working fine until it stopped. I then upgraded from EOS Utility 3.15.20 for Windows  to W3.16.0.7  However same issue where it gets stuck at EOS Pairing (connection) with the computer in progress. Start EOS Utility on the computer.

The utility was started on the computer but it does not find the R3 Camera.

I know the camera was assigned an IP and I can ping it but the software fails to connect.  I tried on another computer and experience the same issue.

On my other computer I did say  allow Canon to make changes to firewall and I check and everthing pretty much said "Allow" for "Canon EOS UPNP Detector"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fjcanon
Contributor

I ended up going to "add remove  programs" and removed every reference of canon software, rebooted and reinstalled the drivers "W3.16.0.7 " drivers. That did the trick.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

fjcanon
Contributor

I ended up going to "add remove  programs" and removed every reference of canon software, rebooted and reinstalled the drivers "W3.16.0.7 " drivers. That did the trick.

Announcements