cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple Hue

bxy
Apprentice

When I use the flash in daylight everything comes out purple. Flash at dark, beautiful. No flash, beautiful. Was told it was the Camera's built in flash, so bought a MT - 24EX, n again all purple. My intention of using a flash is that it is hard to get Models out of bed in the morning for that great morning light. Everything ends up being noon, n of course I want rid of those heavy shadows in their eyes caused by the noon sun. Bring out my Studio Flashes, reflectors, everything elese works. But if I don't want a lot of extra help around, just me the camera n a model, purple pictures. Help apreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check your white balance sttings when flash is attached. Quick adjustment in Lightroom.

original.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jason
Whiz

Hi, bxy!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the camera you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you post a photo?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

old xti

3316ac.JPG

Check your white balance sttings when flash is attached. Quick adjustment in Lightroom.

original.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Are you new to photography?

Use RAW and post edit, problem solved.  No matter what WB you have selected.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes ebiggs1, very new to photography. 1st publication was in the 70s, and believe me that was only yesterday, as I don't know where the time has gone. But RAW is good advice, although slow and memory intense. I capture moments more than creating them. Ie, put the composition together n see what happens. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ jrhoffman75, Thanks, exactly what I am looking for, what I'm screwing up, n what I need to study.

Get a good post editor like Lightroom.  Shoot RAW and all will be wonderful.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

And use a grey reference like a whibal.

Announcements