cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: horizontal blue lines in viewfinder

dpotort
Apprentice

I'm seeing a couple of horizontal blue lines on the screen of my Rebel T3. It's not an issue with the card, which is fine on another camea. They are irregular, and not gridlines. Is this a sensor issue? Is it worth fixing? Thank you!

IMG_8850.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You've got it-- the pictures viewed on the computer do NOT have the lines, just when viewed on the camera (I don't use this camera much anymore, so I had to reacquaint myself with it!). Yes, it's annoying but good to know that photos are unaffected. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It looks like a sensor issue.  Take a few photos and see if it shows up in the photos.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, Indeed it does show up in the photos. I'm going to assume that the fix would be more expensive than a new/used camera body?

For a T3, yes.

You can get a refurbished Rebel T7 from the Canon eStore for $340.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@dpotort wrote:

Thanks, Indeed it does show up in the photos. I'm going to assume that the fix would be more expensive than a new/used camera body?

Did you look at the photos on a computer, or in the camera?  Do you see those lines when you browse the camera menus?

"Did you look at the photos on a computer, or in the camera?"

This is important.  It could be your LCD which is annoying but not harmful to the actual photo.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Did you look at the photos on a computer, or in the camera?"

This is important.  It could be your LCD which is annoying but not harmful to the actual photo.

It is very important.  If you are viewing photos in the camera, try to zoom in to see if that makes a difference. I think you may actually have a LCD issue.  

You've got it-- the pictures viewed on the computer do NOT have the lines, just when viewed on the camera (I don't use this camera much anymore, so I had to reacquaint myself with it!). Yes, it's annoying but good to know that photos are unaffected. Thank you. 

Announcements