cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview screen (remote trigger)

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast

I’m using a remote trigger via the shutter release port. After image capture, the LCD screen only shows the horizon level indicator, but no preview of the taken image. The only way I can see the image I’ve taken is to unplug the cable to the remote trigger. How can I see the image preview without having to do this after every capture? I'm using an EOS 5D MkIV.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Flash out is to trigger a flash, not the camera.

You need a remote shutter trigger, not a flash trigger. I hope you have not damaged your camera.

View solution in original post

You won't know whether anything is damaged until you plug in a real remote shutter release.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Just tried this with my 5D IV with the RS-80N3 and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Capuring an image via the remote always put up the capture briefely on the LCD screen.   I then pressed INFO until the level was displayed.  Took an image via the remote and it briefly showed on the LCD.  Then the level showed again.  Pressed INFO one more time to return to the Quick settings display.  Third image captured, showed briefly on the LCD screen.

Having said all that, I was in Manual mode, and shutter set to 1/200 (i.e. something other than Bulb).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

As soon as I attach the remote cable to the receiver, the LCD screen shows the level indicator, and all buttons on the left are disabled.

Im not using the RS-80N3 cable release. I'm using a Vello Freewave wireless trigger.

Which remote trigger?

ETA:

Posts crossed in the Ether.

Do you have a model number?

Vello Freewave Flash Trigger LR (RFWLR)

I seee nothing in the manual about using this to trigger the shutter. It looks to me that the 3.5mm port on the Vello is labeled "flash out", which is not what you want at all.

Can you clarify what 'flash out' means and why this isn't what I need? What do I need? :O)

Flash out is to trigger a flash, not the camera.

You need a remote shutter trigger, not a flash trigger. I hope you have not damaged your camera.

Camera is fine fortunately. Thaks for your help.

You won't know whether anything is damaged until you plug in a real remote shutter release.

Announcements