cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play button doesn't work XTi/D400

Badell
Apprentice

Hello need some help suddenly the play button stop to work and I can't see my pictures. 

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you have not done so already, when you have press play, then press the Info button. That may restore your view of the images. It cycles through a range of displays, including a blank screen..

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Doesn't work and when I press the menu button the lcd screen goes back 

The menu button is not the right one.  Sorry, in this model it is the DISP button.  Try that

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Sorry my mistake when I press the display button the lcd screen goes black 

So, just to make sure we're all on the same page.  First press the blue arrow (2nd button from bottom- left), if the screen is black, THEN press the DISP button, (top left) a couple of time to see if it cycles through.

cheers, TREVOR

I hope that works for you. However, assuming the LCD works when you press the menu button and you can see the menu, and that you have actually got an image to view, then I suspect that the blue view button is not working.  Considering this camera is about 18 years old, it is almost certain that it cannot be repaired.

cheers, TREVOR

Has anything worked?  If so, please mark it as a resolution, please!

cheers, TREVOR

Excellent. If you would be so kind as to mark the response that resolved the issue for you, then others will know the answer if they have a similar one, and we won't get people continuing to post solutions.

cheers, TREVOR

I fixed my play button on my Canon XTi using a Qtip and sanitizer just let the sanitizer go inside the edges of the button I then press it leave it for a moment in order to the sanitizer evaporates and now it works beautiful. 

Announcements