cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M200 HDMI Port Issues

mbarron
Apprentice

Are there any settings that I may need to change for the plug-and-play HDMI to work? I have tried different HDMI cords and it will not function. 

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Community! So we're all on the same page, what are you trying to achieve with the HDMI out of your EOS M200?

I am trying to use it as a webcam connected to an ATEM Mini Pro.

Zachariah
Contributor

@MyAARPMedicare wrote:

Are there any settings that I may need to change for the plug-and-play HDMI to work? I have tried different HDMI cords and it will not function. 

And just to round this thread out more in case anyone else Googles this later: I replaced my micro-HDMI>HDMI cable and that fixed it. I didn't even know that an HDMI cable could fail like that, it made the picture slightly grey and meant the resolution mode dropped and added bars. Super weird. Totally fine again with a new replacement cable.

I've noticed, with the Elgato 4k Cam link, that I have had to use the OTHER software they have, Elgato Camera Hub in order for the Camera feed to not freeze in Zoom.  It seems to not freeze now that I use that software.  However, something I have noticed, not sure if it was the update or what, but the camera viewport no longer shows the menu when it's plugged into the micro-HDMI cable :(. 

Also, if I unplug, to access the menu, I can't change the camera res as it now says, something to the effect of functions are limited due to HDMI info being set to clean.  ALL the settings no longer show on the viewport.  They did at one time, so I don't know what's going on.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements