cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Styles

calsportfolio
Contributor

I just purchased a new Canon Rebel T7 and have been trying to set it up and understand it. I am at the point where I want to designate my Picture Style. I have followed the manual step by step, and there is no option on my camera to choose "Picture Style".  According to the manual, where it should be, the only options I have are "Live View Shoot", "AF Method", and Grid Display.

On the other options, I have "Image Quality", "Beep", "Release Shutter without card", "Image Review", "Peripheral Illumin. correct", and "Red-eye reduc.".

Nowhere do I see the option for Picture Styles... can anyone help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Are you in Green Square Auto? If so, you need to swith to Program mode.

In Green Square Auto the camera sets Auto Picture Style.

Screenshot 2021-05-21 200321.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

THANK YOU! That was it. I figured it was something simple, but couldn't find anything in the manual to assist. Thanks much for your prompt attention.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Great info to know. Since I am taking pictures of 2-d artwork with lots of color nuances, it sounds like using raw images are the way to go for best results?

RAW is the way to go for 99.9% of all use-cases.  One definitive use is when needing accurate colors.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

"RAW is the way to go for 99.9% of all use-cases."

Absolutely, there is no longer any reason to not use Raw. Most everybody uploads to a computer anymore anyway.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

OK, raw I will do. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best light in which to photograph 2D artwork?

Probably will want to the light to be very even.  Maybe two softboxes (left and right) and angled towards the artwork.

I've also seen articles on using polarizing gels so as to have polarized light to cut down on reflections/glare.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Exposure is one setting, one of the very few, that is best done correctly in camera. Raw isn't affected by most other things but exposure and certainly focus is best to get right form the beginning.

I love soft boxes but I suggest you use three.  Two can cause shadows and/or hot spots.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements