cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Canon DSLR

jbcohen
Contributor

I have an old Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT and would like to get the old manual for it.  Does Canon keep copies of old models?

42 REPLIES 42

hsbn
Whiz

Here: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0900000278/01/EOSDRXT350DIM-EN.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I am siginficantly changing the subject here but I have a few question to ask

I have never really understood the art of digital photography.  I never really learned how to compose a shot my old XT can compose the shot and my much newer Power Shot is not able to, its a great point and shoot but doesn't let me get my hands wet in digital photography.  So I am going to take my old XT and try to learn as much as I can only I don't know where to go for the needed lectures and reading.  Any recommendations?

I keep getting an error on the CF card message on the XT screen, perhaps I need a new CF card, its a lot cheaper than replacing the camera.  What are some possible cuases for a CF card error?  

Hi, a couple questions for you. First which Powershot model do you have ? I can control all the exposure factors as well as other settings on my Powershot SX50HS. There are multitudes of tutorials and lessons on You Tube for just about every camera out there, do a search there I bet you will find what you are looking for.

And lastly what error are you getting with the CF card? They can become corrupt, broken if you will. If formatting it or perhaps a "check disk/repair disk" does not cure it theres not a whole lot else you can do that I am aware of but others will chime in maybe with suggestions.

In your situation, if a new CF doesn't work, is find a camera store or repair shop and have the XT checked out.

Remember the CF card must be formatted by the camera and not used or formated by anything else.

Also a new battery is a good idea and when you have the camera checked make sure you take the charger, too.

This is the place to get questions answered, so ask away.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

John, I have a old Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, since it is  that old I doubt that there would be much in the way of tutorials for it.

Ebbings since the camera is this old I am rather reluctant to get it repaired I am more likely to replace at this point. 

It's old in "digital world" but it's not that old so you can find amber of information. Even so, the operation may be a bit different but all the photographic concepts are still the same regardless of the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

If you are leaning towards a new DSLR, don't buy the CF card, they are rather expensive and won't likely fit a new camera.

A new body is most likely the most cost effective way to go too.

You may have a chance of using Canon's Loyality program.  Smiley Very Happy

Canon will buy your camera back, working or not, towards the purchase of a new camera.  You will need to call them and see if the program is still in effect.

BTW, if you have lenses for your XT make sure you get a new DSLR that uses them.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

If you are leaning towards a new DSLR, don't buy the CF card, they are rather expensive and won't likely fit a new camera.

I finally got around to reading the specs for the 7D Mark II. Turns out that although it accepts SD cards, it accepts CF cards as well. (That's a feature not shared by the 6D; make of that what you will.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I consider it a plus.  For one thing I will not buy another camera that does not have two card slots.  At least one being a CF hopefully.

This is just another fact a 6D is an entry level camera.  It was simply dreamed up because the 5D Mk III is so expensive so why not fill the gap with a more modest offering?

EB
Announcements