cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd filename creation...

San2C
Contributor

My 5DMKIII has been creating these odd filenames which makes ordering & viewing files a real pain in the arse. I don't recall changing any filename related settings in the camera, although I don't see how there would be an option for this mess. 

Thanks for any help. 

filenames.png

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I had a problem like this on my T6S. I have no idea what happened. I reformatted the card and it went away.

Hmmmm, I format my cards all the time. I will try erasing free space on a computer & then format in camera, thanks. 

If that doesn't work, you might try resetting the camera. I feel your pain. I imported a few hundred duplicates before I figured it out. 8^(

I just realized this only hapens when I use EOS Utility for "Quick Preview" mode. When I record to media in-camera, the file naming is normal. 

Unfortunately, Canon seems to have eliminated the option to record to camera media while sending only the jpg files to the computer for preview. 

Interesting. I have never used EOS_Utility - though I suppose Image Capture on the Mac could be using this "Quick Preview" mode.

That's gotta be it. I've had issues with Macs and file names before. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements