cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Macbook Pro will not recognize my EOS 650D

moonease
Apprentice

Hey hey! I have EOS 650D and my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina) doesn't see the camera when it's plugged in via USB cable. So normally I'm using the EOS utility and it has worked fine before but it doesn't see the device now. Would be happy to receive any help!

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried a new USB cable?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The EOS Utility written the the T4i / 650D does not support OSX Catalina. v2.14.31b support Mojave and earlier.

You'll need to install v3.12.10 (which supports Catalina), and installs an updated v2.14 EOSU2.  I suspect they might be the same, but the support portal doesn't indicate this.  Either way install v3 and run EU2.

In addition, how are you connecting the camera to your MAC?  The cable supplied with the T4i / 605D is standard USB.  Anything running Catalina is going to be USB-C.  I think kvbarkley is on to something <  

A USB-C card reader $10-$20 might be the way to go.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Naw, my MacBook Air runs Catalina - no USB-C in sight. Of course, it has a built-in card reader. 8^)

The other option is to abandon EOS Utility and use Image Capture which comes standard on the Mac.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@moonease wrote:

Hey hey! I have EOS 650D and my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina) doesn't see the camera when it's plugged in via USB cable. So normally I'm using the EOS utility and it has worked fine before but it doesn't see the device now. Would be happy to receive any help!

Welcome to the forum moonease.

"So normally I'm using the EOS utility and it has worked fine before but it doesn't see the device now. "

What has changed between when it worked and now that it doesn't?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements