cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom Tethering with 5Dmk3 suddenly not burning images to card?!

Patbannonphoto
Apprentice

Hi, I'm a regular therered shooter with lightroom and my 5Dmk3 - suddenly it seems my camera is no longer burnng the images to the CF card, cannot for the life of me work this out - anyone have anu suggestions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

When you start a tethered-capture session for Canon cameras in the current version of Lightroom, you should see THIS dialog panel open to let you set some settings.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.39.52 PM.png

Do you have that check-box ticked?  (on mine it is NOT ticked by default)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Obivious first question, did you try a new CF card? A known high quality CF card?

If you are using EOS3, I don't think it supports 'save to card and computer'.  But I rarely use EOS so I could be wrong about that. Check that out.

LR does support it.

Formating the CF card does not tell the camera you want to use it as your default. Look at your manual, it says how to change the default card. If you turn on the camera with only one card in it, it will become your new default card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

When you start a tethered-capture session for Canon cameras in the current version of Lightroom, you should see THIS dialog panel open to let you set some settings.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.39.52 PM.png

Do you have that check-box ticked?  (on mine it is NOT ticked by default)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Legend - thats the one!!

Thanks TCampbell.

"Legend - thats the one!!"

It depends on which LR version you have as to whether that screen is shown.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements