cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD won't display

amendoza
Apprentice
Hello, my Canon EOS Rebel XS's LCD is not displaying anything, on all modes. I have tried removing the battery and moving the eyecup around, even though the rebel xs has no button or sensor above the eyecup, but no luck. When I turn it on I can still hear the shutter sound and it does flash, the viewfinder does work and always says busy, at one point the LCD turned on and showed the settings interface and I picked it up and showed someone, but then the LCD went back to a black blank screen and I have not been able to get anything to appear on the LCD since. Could I get some help? 🙂 Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can try using the video out, but all that wil tell you is if it is the LCD itself or the underlying video circuitry. I think it is time to retire the old girl.

@kvbarkley wrote:

You can try using the video out, but all that wil tell you is if it is the LCD itself or the underlying video circuitry. I think it is time to retire the old girl.

Try that with the HDMI cable.  I agree.  It is time to have big retirement party.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The XS predates HDMI 8^). It uses a 3.5mm video out.

Announcements