cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Monitor is Black

solmaz
Apprentice

I have a EOS 250D camera. The LCD monitor is totaly black but all other functions are working. It happened before but LCD monitor started working and now LCD monitor is black again. Would you help me please if you can. Many thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Can you please turn on your camera, and press the INFO button repeatedly - waiting a few moments between presses?  It is possible that the button has been pressed and has gone into black mode.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

solmaz
Apprentice

Thanks, but it did not work and LCD monitor/display is black What else can I try

You probably need to contact Canon and see about service. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Likely John is right, but before you do. Have you browsed through the manual and reviews all references to the LCD display and how it is used?  In particular, I am looking at P272, but there are other references that might help you.  I suggest downloading the PDF version HERE of the manual and doing a search for LCD.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Yes, I did go through the taxes related to LCD, but some of them refer to LCD display, no use..

I really think I press a button or two accidentally, but I could not find which one.. the guide did not really help. There is no info about if LCD becomes black, which button turns LCD black. 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

OK, then looking at the VF, or by following the manual blind, follow the instructions in the manual to do a factory reset of the camera.  That should reset anything you have inadvertently set.

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements