cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just updated the Firmware on my R6 Mark II..

JFG
Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I just updated my EOS R6 Mark II camera to the latest Firmware Version:  

EOS R6 Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.3.0 [Windows] Type Firmware Date12.05.23
File Size76.03 MB and wanted to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas.  Also just wanted to alert anyone with an R6 Mark II camera of the new "Firmware version 1.3.0 " update, just in case they weren't aware of it. 
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year 2024 that will bring everyone peace, good health and happiness!

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
14 REPLIES 14

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Best wishes to you too, Joe!  Stay safe and well.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks Trevor !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

justadude
Rising Star

Hi Joe,

I think a lot of us received the emails from Canon on the firmware update, but it's good of you to remind those that did not see it.  

Curious, and non-related question... did you get a printed manual with your R6m2?  Asking due to a thread here a few weeks ago where someone said Canon no longer includes printed manuals.  I didn't think my R6m2 came with one... but sure enough, I missed it in the box.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one that received a manual.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses

Hi Gary,

Yes, I did get a manual with my R6 Mark II as well as the RF 24-105mm L IS USM lense that I ordered with.  I pre-ordered both in early Nov 2022 before the R6 Mark II was released and got it on December 4, 2022 a few days after its release.  I also received a manual for the RF 24-105mm lense that came with it.  I purchased several Canon lenses in 2023 and have always received Canon manuals with all my purchases, including the extra batteries I ordered.   I think that if you call Canon Service dept. they will send you a manual.   Like Trevor mentioned,  I myself also find it easier to go to the Canon Website and look at the manuals.  However if you're out in the field and dont have access to internet than the manual comes in handy.   I hope this helps.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year 2024 and may it bring you  fantastic pictures  !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

I've always had printed manuals in the box for Canon cameras, but I don't think I've ever received a manual with a new Canon lens... just the usual paperwork.  

I do keep the camera manuals for each body I carry with me in the side pouch of my camera bag.  You are correct about occasionally needing them out in the field.  

Like you and Trevor, I also like the online manuals, and download PDFs of each from Canon, just to have quick access.  I'm a bit OCD with this stuff... I've even found old PDF manuals for all of my old film cameras that I still use.  It's surprising since some of these are from the 1950's.  Glad someone is thoughtful enough to share them online!

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses

normadel
Authority
Authority

t would be handy for Canon to state what the standard is now for printed manuals being included with cameras. What models do, and what models don't.  And differentiate between Basic manuals and Advanced manuals. Also going back to DSLRs from EOS 70D-on.

I understand what you are saying but, to be honest, I have never actually used a printed manual for years - the ones I have are still in their plastic wrap.  I always download and save a PDF of the Advanced User Guide on my device, when available, and use that.  For me, the benefits are:
I can put a lot of PDF manuals on a device making them lighter and more accessible
I can search for character strings and set bookmarks

Now, that's just me, but I think there is logic here! 🤔  Happy New Year!!!! 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I bought an EOS 60D new and have used the printed manual often ever since.. 

I bought or acquired a Rebel T1i, EOS 50D, 7D and 6D, and bought the printed manual for all of them. The 6D did not have a printed manual from Canon but I found one on Ebay printed and wire-bound that's the same size as Canon-supplied manuals.

I don't have a portable "device", as you say, and if I did I wouldn't use it as my manual library. The printed manuals fit in a camera bag or jacket pocket. I like having a real book I can flip through. Even when I'm at my computer, where I  DO have the PDFs, I'd rather turn around and take the printed book off the shelf.

So there. What's logical for one is not necessarily practical or useful for all.

I would never disagree with you on that - it's always on a case by case basis! I am very glad and supportive of your approach for your situation.   When the original hardcopy manuals are provided, I keep them because they may be valuable for on-selling when I wish to do so.  I have never thrown away a manual supplied with a device.
In my own situation, I shoot with (including non-Canon bodies) just on 12 bodies and 18 lenses, so written manuals are not going to work if I am taking multiple units with me, and I am personally very comfortable with digital devices. Also, I rarely refer to a manual when I am out and about.

Moreover, my digital library includes a lot of bodies and lenses that I no longer have, or never owned, because I use them as references when trying to help people on this and other fora.

So, it's all about horses for courses where there are hardcopy manuals available.  That said, there is a tendency for manufacturers of all sorts of devices, including cameras, to simply provide a QR code link to an on-line guide and provide only the most cursory hardcopy guides.  It saves them money and they don't get flak for wasting materials, as the manuals as often as not end up in a landfill. 

cheers, TREVOR

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements