cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D auto focus bracketing

Websted22
Contributor

The 90D online manual indicates auto focus bracketing is available (pg 255). But I can’t find it in my shooting menus. Firmware Ver. 1. 1. 1. Where is it? Is it available? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That was my problem. I had not pressed the Start button. Thanks. And Happy New Year!

IMG_5635.jpeg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

What mode are you shooting in, and what lens are you using please?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

My first attempt I had an 85mm f/1.2. Av mode. In the manual it lists some compatible lens. I put the 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens on. It was in the list. Online Advanced User Guide pg 255-257. 

Thanks for your response.  Was the 18-135 the STM or USM version please?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

USM. 

Happy New Year!

Then the lens compatibility on that lens should not be an issue.

cheers, TREVOR

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you in live view mode when you are looking for Focus Bracketing in the menus?

Newton

The menu list doesn’t change if Live View is enabled or disabled. 

IMG_5625.jpeg

IMG_5626.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken, and I very well could be because I don't own the 90D (I have done some research though), that menu toggle only activates/deactivates the Stop/Start button. When set to "Enable", it allows you to go to "Live view" when the Start button is pressed. You will then hear the mirror flip up.

It may be the case that the Depth compositing menu won't be available until you press the Start button to officially be in Live view. But, that's just a guess.

FWIW, I do a lot of Depth compositing with my R's, in camera, and DSLR's using dedicated software and although some lenses are better suited for it, I've yet to find one that would not allow compositing to be attempted.

Newton

That was my problem. I had not pressed the Start button. Thanks. And Happy New Year!

IMG_5635.jpeg

click here to view the gallery
Announcements