cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Canon T7

snapshots
Contributor

Hi all,

I just purchased a starter camera. (Canon T7)  It has two lenses that came with.  The 18mm-55mm which has IS, and a 70mm-300 that does not.  I like to take senic landscape photos, nature, and just about anything that catches my eye.  What would be the next logical lens for me to buy as an upgrade?  I was looking at two lenses.  One is the 18mm-135mm the other is the 70mm-300m with IS.  Do you think they are decent choices?  Is there another lens I should look at?  Keep in mind I am on a budget of about $500.  Thanks so much for reading.

Earl

33 REPLIES 33

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"They contain links to two video series aimed at absolute beginners."

I never tell beginners to not watch videos and use Youtube but I find a lot of the time they cause a beginner to over think a simple situation. Like using X mode and fiddling with settings, changing this and that, when P mode would work just fine. I really do like having a beginner tag along with someone that knows photography or take a course where someone is explaining stuff.

Once again, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  More false assumtions, on your part.

Maybe you should take the time to watch the videos, just so that you can learn what it is that they contain.  The EOS 101 series does not teach you about camera settings.  The videos teach ou the basics of photography: i.e. Exposure Triangle, White Balance, RAW files, DoF, etc.  They go on to explain how the basic concepts apply to entry level camera settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi everyone,

Please be respectful of everyone's opinions and remember the Forum Guidelines. 

Be nice!  

Porcha,

It would be nice if you moderators got the "Ignore" feature working so we would not have to see the not so respectful comments.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority

https://id.canon/en/support/0302981001

I recommend the manual at page 88-91. The difference between the jpeg modes is well described there.
The thing you think looks lika an A is a symbol for low jpeg compression level and with few jpeg compression artefacts.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements