cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent flash on Canon EOS RP

Ave1965
Apprentice

I use Neewer Strobe lights with my Canon EOS RP.  The lighs are great actually, but there seems to be a intermittment problem with the trasmistter connecting to my hot shoe.  I have tried 4 different trasmitters. Sometimes it works fine , sometimes it's intermittent and sometimes it won't flash at all.  It can go for a whole shoot and it's fine, or another time it might flash on some shots, but not on otthers. When it doesn't fire if f I more the transmistter around a little it will sometimes eventually settle (not always).  There clearly seems to be a connection issue between the trasmistter and the hot shoe.  Not only is it frustrating, but I've lost many good images because the flash has not gone off.  In fact I have even had to cancel a shoot last minute as I realised during set up that it wasn't working.

Any knowledge.or insight grateful received. 

Thanks

Avril

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

We have seen many posts in the forum with issues related to Neewer gear, especially electronic gear like strobes.  Their strobes are not always fully compatible with Canon gear.  I recommend that you trade up for something better.  The Canon brand is guaranteed to work with your camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, can't afford anything better atm.  And they seem pretty good to me expect for this issue - and I am not sure if that is a fault the the camera

Check their website and see if the mention anything about a firmware update.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon or Neewer? And thank you 🙂

I would check both.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Okay, will do. Thanks - much appreciated. 

What do you mean by a "transmitter?"

If you are just using one flash, just use a flash extension cable.

Announcements