cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iceland Trip Photo Idea Recommendations

JillieKL
Apprentice

Hello Fellow Canonites!

I just upgraded to a EOS 6D Mark Ii with a 24-105 MM F/4.
I will be traveling to Iceland in August.

Tips for photo ideas/places in Iceland are greatly appreciated! 

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite

Never been there, but what is it that excites you about this trip?  It will be your memories, so capture what inspires you, gives you a sense of awe, returns that feeling of excitement when back and looking at your photos in the future, etc.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@JillieKL wrote:

Hello Fellow Canonites!

I just upgraded to a EOS 6D Mark Ii with a 24-105 MM F/4.
I will be traveling to Iceland in August.

Tips for photo ideas/places in Iceland are greatly appreciated! 

I don't see any commercial links in my perusal, so I believe this is OK to post:

The Ultimate Guide to Photography in Iceland | Guide to Iceland

Mads Peter Iverson has a series of YouTube videos about Iceland.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

This link is fantastic! Thank you so much! 

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

A search for the country will pull up tons of information. I read on recently and it is an interesting country. Ice and volcanoes are the main attractions. Possible to share a few photos on your return?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

I sure hope to post some when I get back! 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings JillieKL,

I'm heading to Alaska next month.  Never been to Iceland, but it should be easy for you to do research on what to see.  John's reference looks great and tripadvisor will have some good tips as well.  I certainly have an affinity for the 6D2.  Its in my study, carefully stored in its box with a few of my favorite retired EF lenses.

I'd really like to see you take one other lens.  How about a 50mm f1.8 or the f1.4.  (new $125 or $349) B&H.  You could probably get either used from KEH too.  Either will capture double the amount of light your f4 can, and you might find yourself in a lower light situation when inside.  Outside is light from 0430 to 2230.  Make sure you have multiple memory cards and batteries.  We will look forward to seeing some photos upon your return. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was thinking about bringing my "nifty fifty" so I think I will! Thanks and I hope to post some pics when I get back. 

Announcements