cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a EOS Rebel Ti3 and want to increase the photo pixel density so I can print large photos.

wolferplt
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

The most you can do is set the camera to shoot in large fine jpg or better yet shoot in RAW & save the processed files as TIFF's when you process them. How big do you want to print?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thanks for the reply!   Right now I'd like to print 16 x 20.

I'm assuming that your suggestions are "setup" parameter options and I need to read the documentation

to find the particulars.

Thanks again,

You're going to change "the image-recording quality" to the highest quality & the symbol for that is what looks like an end view of a piece of 1/4 round baseboard trim with an L beside it. Even with minor cropping you should be able to get 16 X 20's from that camera IF you have a nice sharp shot. Check you image carefully on screen & if it's sharp at 50% you should be good to go.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

The highest quality is RAW.  Use the software that Canon supplies to improve the sharpness and such and convert the file to TIFF or JPEG.   I agree though with trying to shoot without having to crop for best results and using the lowest ISO possible.  Depending on what you are shooting a good flash really helps.

ScottyP
Authority

How big do you want to print?  You can get quite large at 18mp.  See here:  http://www.photographyicon.com/enlarge/

You can't affect your sensor's pixel density, but you can do some things to make biig prints come out better:

1.)  Don't crop (much).  Try to compose the shot tightly/ properly in-camera, because cropping reduces the resolution of your image.

2.)  Shoot at low ISO.  Higher ISO shots will not contain the detail of a low ISO shot, and will contain noise distortion too, so they look bad blown up.

3.)  Use the best image quality lens you can afford.  Prime (fixed-length) lenses give very high image quality compared to zooms, and are generally cheaper at the same time.  Blowing up an image reveals all its flaws, including those introduced by the lens.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements