cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon EOS Rebel t6 and need help with the SD card

syl_15
Apprentice

I’ve had the camera for a while I got it around 5 years ago and gently used it a handful of times, I stored it away in a shut container and left it there until yesterday when I decided to use it. The camera never had any problems even after I stored it away. Yesterday when i turned it on it worked fine and i took a couple of pictures and even imported some to my phone multiple times. This morning, same thing I took pictures of my family and imported them. The battery was about to die so i decided to charge it. While the battery was charging I imported some pictures and after around 2 hours I got the battery and SD card and plugged them in, This time on the screen it showed a message saying:

Card cannot be accessed

Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera

I’ve never really messed with the setting and have never really had any problems with the SD cards or even the slot. I have three of them SD Cards and they all worked fine before so i’m a bit confused to why it’s saying it now. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome:

I am a bit confused by your statement: "While the battery was charging I imported some pictures" - did you have another battery or power source for this while the battery was charging?  When you turned off the camera had you just taken a photo, or were in the process of downloading/ uploading images?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi thank you for responding! 

Sorry I should’ve explained myself better! While the battery was charging I was importing the pictures from the SD card with my phone, I was using an adapter so the camera was not used while I was importing them! 

I am not a professional in any way, shape, or form with that said i apologize if i did anything wrong! I am always happy to learn something new so if you have any tips I am all ears! 

Thank you once again!!  

syl_15,

When you say you were "importing" them, did you mean you were using a card reader?

Did you check to see if you had accidentally moved the lock switch on the card to the locked position?

Steve Thomas 

syl_15,

Unless you are desperate to save the photos on your SD card, I'd say go ahead and reformat it. If it won't take a reformat, you'll probably need to buy a new one. 

Steve Thomas

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What brand and capacity is the memory card?  Is it a full size card?  Have you tried a different card?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements