cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon EOS Rebel t6 and need help with the SD card

syl_15
Apprentice

I’ve had the camera for a while I got it around 5 years ago and gently used it a handful of times, I stored it away in a shut container and left it there until yesterday when I decided to use it. The camera never had any problems even after I stored it away. Yesterday when i turned it on it worked fine and i took a couple of pictures and even imported some to my phone multiple times. This morning, same thing I took pictures of my family and imported them. The battery was about to die so i decided to charge it. While the battery was charging I imported some pictures and after around 2 hours I got the battery and SD card and plugged them in, This time on the screen it showed a message saying:

Card cannot be accessed

Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera

I’ve never really messed with the setting and have never really had any problems with the SD cards or even the slot. I have three of them SD Cards and they all worked fine before so i’m a bit confused to why it’s saying it now. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome:

I am a bit confused by your statement: "While the battery was charging I imported some pictures" - did you have another battery or power source for this while the battery was charging?  When you turned off the camera had you just taken a photo, or were in the process of downloading/ uploading images?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi thank you for responding! 

Sorry I should’ve explained myself better! While the battery was charging I was importing the pictures from the SD card with my phone, I was using an adapter so the camera was not used while I was importing them! 

I am not a professional in any way, shape, or form with that said i apologize if i did anything wrong! I am always happy to learn something new so if you have any tips I am all ears! 

Thank you once again!!  

syl_15,

When you say you were "importing" them, did you mean you were using a card reader?

Did you check to see if you had accidentally moved the lock switch on the card to the locked position?

Steve Thomas 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What brand and capacity is the memory card?  Is it a full size card?  Have you tried a different card?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements