cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot find 4k movie recording option in my M6 MARK II

AdnanHussainTur
Apprentice

I just bought a new M6 MARK II with product title:

Canon Digital Camera EOS M6 MKII(BK) 15-45(in) with 16GB Ultra Card & Bag & Microphone DM-E100 & Tripod Grip HG-100TBR & Battery Pack LP-E17

I have got the firmware version of camera 1.0.1 which I have updated with new 1.1.0 but still I cannot able to record in 4k. Only option that are visible in movie recording menu is FHD and HD in different frame rate.

My memory card is follows: 

SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, SD Card - SDSDXXY-128G-GN4IN 170MB/S

Please help. How to resolve. I bought this camera for 4k only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for replying, hoffman.

I checked the manual as per your instructions (although I had gone through that page already) this time quite thoroughly and found that I need to change the mode to Movie recording mode from manual dial to acheive 4k recording option. 

Thanks for your help. You guys are awesome.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

See page 243 of your manual.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for replying, hoffman.

I checked the manual as per your instructions (although I had gone through that page already) this time quite thoroughly and found that I need to change the mode to Movie recording mode from manual dial to acheive 4k recording option. 

Thanks for your help. You guys are awesome.

And thanks for letting us know that you got things sorted out and working as you needed.

And while you're here you might consider popping up and leaving a "Kudo" for JRHoffman.

He's just that kind of a guy. Robot wink

Announcements