cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover lost photos

ally1
Apprentice

hey everyone. 

ok so I'm new to photography and I am still in school so I though what better way to practice then to take pictures there. I was trying to get them from my camera to a laptop but it deleted all of them. I thought out was a glich so I went and took a couple photos and tried agin. all that showed up was the photos from today. if anyone has ANY idea how to get them back in put would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you just deleted images and didn't format the card you may be able to recover some of them, depending on how many new photos you took.

Look into one of the many recovery software tools you can see listed on the web.

The manufacturer of your SD card may have software. that would be the best route.

Search "SD card recovery software"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Before you go to recovery software get yourself a SD reader. They are cheap and even Walmart will have them.

Hook it up to your laptop and use the laptop to explore the SD. Some laptops have SD slots already. This will confirm whether the photos are actually still there or have been deleted. Do nothing to the SD except explore it. Do not format it or delete anything else or even use it again. Just look! You may find your photos are still there; if not go ahead and try one of the recovery programs. The brand of SD you have may have one for free on their web site.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements