cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect EOS Rebel T6i to My Phone

annielaugen
Contributor

how do i connect my camera to my phone?? i cant seem to change the SSID and i need that to connect to things.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, annielaugen!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

my phone is running iOS 16.2. i go to connect my camera to smartphone but nothing happens. i did research and it says it’s supposed to give me a nick name but that didn’t happen.

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi annielaugen,

When you are connecting your camera and phone you do not need to change the SSID on the camera. The steps to connect them are:

1) First the Canon Camera Connect App should be installed on the phone. Once installed don't open it or have it running in the background, we just need it installed at this point.

2) On the camera press the menu button and go to the first yellow wrench tab and select Wi-Fi Function.

3) Next choose Connect to Smartphone and then select Camera Access Point Mode.

4) Now select Easy Connection and hit okay. Now the camera should be showing an SSID and an Encryption Key. Leave that screen on the camera.

5) On your smartphone pull up nearby wifi networks, you'll see one that matches the SSID listed on the camera. Select that and when it asks for a password enter the Encryption Key listed on the back of the camera.

6) Once the phone is on the network open the Canon Camera Connect app. When you do it will show a prompt that it has detected a new camera.

7) In the prompt select the name of the camera and now on the back of the camera it will ask if you want to connect to the smart phone. Select Okay and the connection will be established.

Announcements