12-26-2022 09:10 PM - last edited on 12-27-2022 08:58 AM by Danny
how do i connect my camera to my phone?? i cant seem to change the SSID and i need that to connect to things.
12-27-2022 08:59 AM
So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.
Thanks and have a great day!
12-27-2022 09:41 AM
my phone is running iOS 16.2. i go to connect my camera to smartphone but nothing happens. i did research and it says it’s supposed to give me a nick name but that didn’t happen.
12-28-2022 06:13 PM
When you are connecting your camera and phone you do not need to change the SSID on the camera. The steps to connect them are:
1) First the Canon Camera Connect App should be installed on the phone. Once installed don't open it or have it running in the background, we just need it installed at this point.
2) On the camera press the menu button and go to the first yellow wrench tab and select Wi-Fi Function.
3) Next choose Connect to Smartphone and then select Camera Access Point Mode.
4) Now select Easy Connection and hit okay. Now the camera should be showing an SSID and an Encryption Key. Leave that screen on the camera.
5) On your smartphone pull up nearby wifi networks, you'll see one that matches the SSID listed on the camera. Select that and when it asks for a password enter the Encryption Key listed on the back of the camera.
6) Once the phone is on the network open the Canon Camera Connect app. When you do it will show a prompt that it has detected a new camera.
7) In the prompt select the name of the camera and now on the back of the camera it will ask if you want to connect to the smart phone. Select Okay and the connection will be established.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 22.214.171.124
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.