cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Clear Settings on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, under Built-In Wireless Settings?

WideAspect
Enthusiast

Under the Gear Menu, Tab 4 is Communication Settings

> Built-In Wireless Settings > Clear Settings but when I get there, Clear Settings is greyed out and disabled so that I cannot use it. My camera is unlocked, what else could be disabling this option?

I purchased Helicon Remote for my iPad and a setup requirement is to clear settings before starting the setup process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Glad you got it all sorted.

Agreed that dealing with these settings is very tedious.  The last time I attempted to use the app on my phone to control my 5D IV, it flat out failed.  Though the time before that, a-ok.  I have a feeling that I need to once again tear down all the settings and start fresh.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Some settings require you to be in a "creative" mode like M or P.

I tried both creative modes, M & P. The Clear Settings remains greyed out / disabled.

Frustrating.

Do you currently have the wireless settings disabled?  If so, you need to first enable them.  Then, the "Clear Settings" menu item will be selectable.

--
Ricky

I did not mention before that when I enabled wireless, it greyed out the nickname as well, disabling it brought back the ability to edit the nickname but not the Clear Settings.

Your reply got me thinking so I climbed up the control hierarchy and really just guessing, tried some other things, the one that worked was turning off the Smartphone connection.

Connecting to a wireless device, the nickname, etc, are all tied together, in a somewhat confusing manner. Sadly, the manual for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV  has very little clarity about this part of the camera, calling it brief to a fault would be diplomatic.

Glad you got it all sorted.

Agreed that dealing with these settings is very tedious.  The last time I attempted to use the app on my phone to control my 5D IV, it flat out failed.  Though the time before that, a-ok.  I have a feeling that I need to once again tear down all the settings and start fresh.

--
Ricky

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements